Tuesday, August 31, 2021

August Wrap-Up


 

Hello Readers!

Today's post will be short because life is crazy. I haven't even been home very much this month. 

For the first two weeks, my family and I were on vacation in Kauai. It was beautiful. It was amazing to be surrounded by God's creation. We all got to see over a dozen sea turtles, tons of birds of all kinds, fish, and a seal. My sisters and I got to go zip lining, paddle boarding, and kayaking. We also learned how to snorkel, (though I still can't really do it 😆.) We then returned home and a couple of days later, we went to a friend's wedding. 

As far as writing goes, I haven't done much. The only writing-related thing I did was edit a poem and submit it to Story Embers for their 3rd Annual Poetry Contest. 

Both podcasts happened while I was in Kauai. The first was on Sophie Scholl and the other on Katharina von Bora. They were so fun to research and write. I really enjoyed the stories and I hope you do too. 

This month I read The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it, but I did and I plan on rereading it at some point soon. I also almost finished Fighting for Life by Lila Rose. So far I've really enjoyed it. 

That's all for today y'all have a wonderful week!

Blessings,

Mattie May 

No comments:

Post a Comment