Monday, June 12, 2023

Because Life Never Goes As Planned...

 Hello Readers,

Much has happened since my last post. I had intended to post more frequently, but life has a way of hitting all at once. The past few months have been a whirlwind of school, work, a vacation, a friend's wedding, and turning 21 :o.

Since this blog has been neglected, two important birthdays have happened. First, at the end of March, this blog turned 3, I can't believe it's been so long. I was only 17 when I started and I am happy with how it has developed over the years. The second birthday was Everlasting Gold, my novel has now been in the hands of my precious readers for 3 years as of the end of April. I want to thank all of you, readers, for coming alongside me as I walk this road of writing and blogging. Your reading and commenting mean so much to me. 

Schoolwork was the main time stealer. I have been enjoying my online classes at The Master's University so much. I learned many new things that I will hopefully remember beyond the finals. I've learned more about myself and how I study and, perhaps most importantly, that I am able to pull at least two all-nighters in a row given proper motivation and caffeination. I do not recommend this style of getting assignments turned in on time, but it does work in a pinch.  

My family and I took a trip back east to my friend's wedding this summer. We finally got to go to the Ark Encounter in Williamstown, KY which was definitely a highlight of the trip. We also went to Dollywood, TN, (while there we celebrated my *21st birthday*. Y'all, I feel so old. I am fully legal, which is kinda scary) and Mt. Airy, NC. Besides getting an allergy/head cold during the trip, it was a lovely time. The wedding was beautiful and I'm so happy for my friend. We also got to visit some old friends, and reconnect with even older friends (meaning, we've known them longer, sorta... it's complicated in the best of ways).  

Since I'm on break from school for the next couple of weeks, I thought I should revive this blog. In the next few days, I will be posting another book review because, with the school semester over, I have once again been able to read books for pleasure instead of school. 

I hope y'all are having a lovely summer! 

Blessings,

Mattie May


No comments:

Post a Comment