Monday, March 30, 2020

Peace in Trial

Hello Readers!


This has been a crazy week of editing my novel. As I was editing, I came across something that really stood out to me in this crazy time of COVID19 sweeping the world. 


My character, Philip, quoted John 14:27 to his little girl who is struggling with trusting God with someone she loves. 

“Angie,” he said, turning towards her, “I have been thinking about how you miss Uncle Billy so much and this verse came to my mind from John 14, ‘Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid’ you see Angie when Jesus was preparing His disciples for His death He left them His peace and you can have it too.”




I found such peace in those words today. God never promised that we would have an easy life, only that He would be with us, to strengthen, help and uphold us. 


I hope that little tidbit blessed you. 


~Mattie May 

1 comment: