Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Why I Write HisFic Pt 3 + And 2 Special Announcements!



Hello Readers! 

Welcome to Why I write HisFic Part 3! 

Last week I talked about why HisFic is important, and this week I'm going to talk about why history inspires me and gives me hope!

Make sure you read to the end for two very special and exciting announcements! 

Let's get started, shall we? 

History is real. It really happened. (Oh wow, imagine that!) Other genres don't have that. Because it's real, it's easy for me to relate to, even if it took place hundreds of years ago. Because it's real, it inspires me. 

History gives me hope, and history inspires me. 

History gives me hope: 

It shows me that normal people can overcome crazy difficulties and trials. I love reading and learning about people who were the least likely, and God did amazing things through them. It gives me hope that one day, maybe I'll be able to do something. 

History inspires me:

I love to read and learn about the young men and women in history who did amazing things; they show me that as a young woman I can do things too. I might not speak five languages or tutor in a royal court, but I can do things in my own life, world, and country. 

History shows that even in the darkest moments, God is still there. God still cares, and God is going to work through the toughest situations. He's still on the throne. It inspires me to keep trusting and keep living because I have hope.

***

I hope you've enjoyed reading this series as much as I have in writing it. In case you were starting to feel sad that it was going to come to an end... as all good things must. It is not the end... yet. I'm very excited to announce that I will be interviewing author and writing coach Kellyn Roth! 

I recently found her through an email I got about her recently started Growing Writers program (which ya'll should totally go check out at this link: Growing Writers Program.) 

If you want to learn more about Kellyn and her lovely books, you can visit her website here: kellynrothauthor.com

And now, for the second announcement! *insert drum roll* 

Everlasting Gold is back on Amazon! It's finally done! Such a relief. Check it out and see the slightly revised cover here: Everlasting Gold paperback

And that's all, for now, folks, have a lovely rest of your week! 

Blessings,

Mattie May


No comments:

Post a Comment