Saturday, July 30, 2022

Random Life Update



Hello Readers,

This month has flown by. It seems that so much has happened, and I lost track of it. So here I am doing another blog post... later than I hoped. 

Things that Have Happened...

- 4th of July

We had a party and a pie contest. My pie won for the best looking and I'm really proud of that lol. We also went to see the local fireworks for the first time. 

-My family had two birthdays this month. 

-I finished my 2nd college class and started my 3rd. Almost done with my first semester! 

These past two classes have been challenging in a theological sort of way. But they have helped me solidify my own beliefs. 

-I started working. 

I work for a very sweet family that goes to my church. A bonus with gas prices going up is that they live one house down from me, so I get to ride my bike! An exciting thing that happened this week was when I dumped dirty mop water into a meat bee hole... somehow I managed not to get stung. 

- I got some editing done on OtF!

This was a highlight of my month. I got some editing done. Not as much as I would like, but at this point, anything is a win. I have found it very helpful to ramble at a writing friend about my characters. I think OtF may take a slightly different turn theme-wise than I originally planned. (As a side note in my writing life, I wrote a poem that I might share with y'all at a future time.)

-I feel as though I am an official adult.

Between phone calls, emails, signing paperwork, doing college, work, getting a new phone, and starting to pay my own bills... ahh, adulting here I am.

I have ideas for more thought-out blog posts in the future. I'm hoping as I settle into a routine I can factor in more time for blogging. 

I hope y'all are having a wonderful summer!

Blessings,

Mattie May




No comments:

Post a Comment